Issues with NUT Settings

NAS
DS1817+
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
I have an odd problem that I can't seem to find a solution for.
I have a synology and a VM server.
The synology is connected to my UPS and I have NUT setup to shutdown the VM server and then have the synology go into safe mode.
This all works, the problem is the timing.
The synology sends the command to the VM server to shutdown, then the synology immediately starts going into safe mode not giving the VM server anytime to unmount from the synology causing it to lock up.
I want to change it so that the synology sends the command to the VM server to shut down, then wait a set thim, then start going into safe mode and I can't figure out how to do that.
Thanks.

Take a look at the manpage for upsmon.conf (UPSMON.CONF(5)).
The FINALDELAY and HOTSYNC parameters look like what you want.

As Synology use the NUT framework, I'm assuming there's an upsmon.conf (or a cusomised synology version of it) somewhere in there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.