Java

Currently reading
Java

NAS
DS112,DS215
I am struggling using java on my NAS.. I have ceated html on WIndows (using MS Expressions) which uses the jquery.js tool set to display a slideshow. It all works ok on windows. I have coppied all of the code onto my NAS and amended the paths accordingly in the html code. When I run the html it does not seem to be picking up or execturing the java code in the jquery library. What have I done wrong? Please be gentle as I am a beginner at this game!

Are you running web station? Give a bit more details what you did and where exactly.

Hi, Thanks for the comment.

No I am not using web station, that may be the problem!

What I did:

I created pages using MS Expression on my Windows PC.
Some of the pages included a JS plug in.
I downloaded jquery onto my PC.
When I tested the pages using Edge (via Expression) they all worked.
I then copied all the pages, JS folder, and CSS folder onto my NAS.
I amended all the file paths in the HTML to point to the NAS file store.
When I ran the html containing calls to JS (using Expression/Edge on my PC) all the CSS files were executed OK but the JS was not.

If I create a web environment using web station, will it automatically include a JS environment or do I specifically have to load it (I have installed Java V7 and 8 on my NAS?

Uff that was a bit too much Microsoft talk there for my blood ;).

If I create a web environment using web station, will it automatically include a JS environment or do I specifically have to load it (I have installed Java V7 and 8 on my NAS?
That is a fair question that I’m not 100% sure but my gut tells me that you will have to. Install a web server 1st, deploy your solution and test it. If it fails then add Java support.

JavaScript isn't Java, and it's run by the browser.

If the web pages that link to .js files worked on your Win PC when browsing from Windows Explorer (file://) then you should just have to to change the links if you have used absolute references.

I've used RapidWeaver on Mac and uploaded from it direct to my web servers, and also written code that generates HTML and links to JS at an expected location ... all work with the CSS and JS whether from web server or file system.

I would check the references to the JS files ... you could try a browser that has web page inspection to see what it reveals.

If it's jQuery then you could just use a direct link to https://code.jquery.com/jquery-A.B.C.min.js instead of hosting it yourself.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Trending threads

Back