Currently reading
Solved jDownloader Installation

NAS
DS218+
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Did anyone try to Install jDownloader on Synology?

I have tried so many tutorials but non of them was successful. If anyone manage please share, it could be useful for everyone.

Thanks

Did anyone try to Install jDownloader on Synology?

I have tried so many tutorials but non of them was successful. If anyone manage please share, it could be useful for everyone.

Thanks
What NAS are you using? Can you use Docker on it?

Nas Synology DS218+

As far as I know Docker has a different purpose.
jDownloader is just for downloading any kind of links, no need for direct download links.

Ok. Docker has a purpose that you can use it to run any application that has a docker image on your NAS without it being supported by Synology (via Pacakge center). So, if you wanna run "j" my advice is to install docker platform on your NAS and give it a go, there is a large number of active images out there:

Last edited:
Since I never use Docker before, any help will be useful or maybe youtube video how to install. Thank you so much.
Check out my docker category. Here you can see how these apps are installed using Synology Docker UI. It's the same concept. For volumes you refer to the docker hub instructions. It takes some getting used to but once you go Docker, you wont go back!

Pull the image down then mount the volumes and ports. There's no other environment variables needed. Pretty easy setup. I spun it up and it works. I never used it before so the jdownloader interface is new to me but it seemed to work.

As a side note, you should look into Synology Download Station. It seems much easier and user friendly.

vivaldi_8eql8hoi4w.jpg

-v /docker/appdata/jdownloader-2:/config:rw \
-v $HOME/Downloads:/output:rw \
This is what we did in the screenshot above and can be seen in the jdownloader Docker hub instructions here.

vivaldi_pCN92eBjBf.jpg

The only port you really need here is 5800 to access the web ui.

Last edited:
I think I'm going to switch to this yours, even though it hasn't been updated in a while... was using
FWjVKVP.png

but after a week the browser can't find it. And I hate the java sluggishness and it searches for updates every hour!

A question... how do I release ports here... 3129 is unavailable even though I uninstalled my previous jdownloader docker. I know I can brute force this my restarting the NAS, but there must be a command line thingy that can do that. Yes?

A question... how do I release ports here... 3129 is unavailable even though I uninstalled my previous jdownloader docker. I know I can brute force this my restarting the NAS, but there must be a command line thingy that can do that. Yes?
Deleting the container is the only way I know.

Last edited:

That has no effect
b5aJRdH.png

So I'm using port 5801>5800 and the GUI immediately goes to update mode which it can't connect to. If I cancel the update the server dies. I pasted a link to the clipboard and nothing obvious happened. The download folder is empty. I guess I need to figure the port clearing issue before moving on.

That has no effect
b5aJRdH.png
There must be some other container using this port (or both). Sometimes It can be misleading. Not both ports are in question. Make sure that you don't have even a stoped container that's using these ports.

There must be some other container using this port (or both). Sometimes It can be misleading. Not both ports are in question. Make sure that you don't have even a stoped container that's using these ports.
Those are the ports the previous jdownloader container was using. I deleted that container, and its image.

I guess there are a lot of miss-understanding during installation process, at least for me.

If anyone would like to take a few minutes to make tutorial how to instal, stap by stap, it will be very useful for all of us beginners.

Really appreciate all of your effort and time. Thanks a lot.

If anyone would like to take a few minutes to make tutorial how to instal, stap by stap, it will be very useful for all of us beginners.
Have you tried to download the image and follow those few steps that @Geeked posted before? Where are you exactly stuck at with this?

As I said earlier, I really appreciate your help and time.

Imagine that I have never use Docker before, SSH or Putty before, even never use Terminal on Mac, so I guess there are a lot of things to learn before I manage to install this. .

I follow the instruction and I did everything as mention above. I installed Docker on Mac but now I don't know the path how to start the jDownloader since the one mention above it is not found.

All right, this is the process of my installation, if I am mistaken somewhere, please correct me.
I think I followed all the instructions.

Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 20.37.51.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 20.39.42.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 20.40.24.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 20.40.49.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 20.41.07.png

How do I lunch app after this?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.