1. RT2600ac
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. macOS
  3. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Hello,

I have a long-standing problem on my nas that I can't solve, I don't understand the behavior of the kernel in relation to RAM usage.

I have a DS220+ with 18GB of RAM that works fine overall but has a nasty tendency to swap excessively with a huge amount of cached memory available, which generates a lot of I/O disk access and slows down the whole system :

1669890045091.png

I know that kernels are configured to use as much cache memory as possible to speed up the system, but in my case it's excessive, I have the impression that the system refuses to free up cache memory, even if it means swapping highly active data like MariaDB databases of the "Servarr app suite" :

1669890436528.png

I use Dockers containers, which I suspect to have memory leaks (transmission in particular), I have limited the use of RAM in docker compose to 512Mb per container. Despite this, cache usage is always a priority and always generates swap.

I tried different kernel settings to limit swap usage, which doesn't change anything:

1669890927299.png

If someone has already encountered this problem or has a solution to propose, I am highly interested!

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 1669890430469.png
    1669890430469.png
    123.1 KB · Views: 13

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Back