LAN services are accessible from the Internet?

Currently reading
LAN services are accessible from the Internet?

NAS
DS918+
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Any ideas as to hoe to resolve this one guys? The NAS needs to be accessible from the internet so that my forum can be accessed.

Screenshot 2021-04-05 at 06.50.10.jpg

If I choose the 'Open Control Panel' option it takes me to the 'configure router' page which has nothing set up on it.

Last edited:
@fredbert LOL, okay .... The iPad does support that is split screen view. So FileBrowserGO should support it too :)
@Robbie If only I had the hardware :)

Okay silly question folks. I've set up the VPN server on the NAS, and I've configured OpenVPN on the iPad and connected..... I've disconnected the Wi-Fi so I'm on 4G i.e. WAN. OpenVPN shows I'm still connected to the NAS via VPN.... I open the iPad Files app and try to connect to server as:
1) NAS IP Address - nothing
2) QUICKCONNECT.synology.me - nothing
So what am I missing?
-- post merged: --

Hmm FileBrowserGO allows me to connect to the NAS as \\NASNAME, alas that does not seem to work in the Files app.
-- post merged: --

Humph, 5 minutes later I reconnect the VPN and use the Files app to get to the NAS using its IP address and it all works. Sheesh!

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.