Info Lastpass to Bitwarden

Currently reading
Info Lastpass to Bitwarden

Hi,
This may be related to some security on gmail which doesn't allow Bitwarden to send the mails.
I had that issue too when I first configured smtp. You may need to activate the "Less secure apps" access from HERE
In order to keep the feature active you may also want to send a test email from the bitwarden admin panel since this option deactivates itself if it's not seeing anything using it for some time.

Unfort. I use 2FA, and less secure apps isn't available when you use 2FA.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
@Rusty @Shoop

Ok, I was finally able to get this to work. I had to delete out all the SMTP settings in the synology docker bitwarden environment tab. I then found a way to turn on the admin settings in the environment variables, and went to mybwdomain.com/admin. I went to that page then smtp email settings, this only works when you use port 465 & TLS is turned on, or port 587 with TLS turned off.

I'm guessing that we need to add a Force TLS environment variable in the resource. Is there one that exists, so that I can try and add it to the docker ui of bitwarden?

Also, the name resolution error was firewall related. You have to add the docker network into a firewall rule 172.17.0.0, so this is needed too.

1613665261603.png

Upvote 0
To confirm, we’re talking about running Bitwarden entirely on your own NAS, correct? So that there is no external references to your passwords, right?

Upvote 0
Rusty/Synoman:

I'm working my way through the excellent walkthrough linked on the first page of this thread and hit the discussion of creating a volume outside the container to store configuration information. That's generated some questions:

1. My NAS is set to shut itself off at 10:00 pm each night and restart each morning at 6:00 am. Does this mean I will need to reconfigure Bitwarden every day?

2. I live in an area where power outages due to storms are a regular occurrence. It may only be a few seconds, but all power is lost. Will this also cause me to have to reconfigure Bitwarden?

Cheapdad

Upvote 0
@CheapDad
1) As long as you configure Bitwarden to automatically start and with a persitent data folder, no.
2) As above, unless for some reason the data was corrupted due to the power outage. Have you considered an UPS?

Upvote 0
Rusty:

I've followed all of the steps in your walkthrough, although I'm uncertain I did the correct thing in the volume portion. When I click "add folder", I get the dropdown, chose "docker" and created the folder "bitwarden" (since it wasn't there by default). On the right side, I created a folder on my NAS and linked to it. Was that correct?

I then entered my IP address:80 hoping to see something Bitwarden. Unfortunately, the browser automatically changed the port to 5000 and logged into my NAS home page. What am I doing incorrectly here?

CheapDad

Upvote 0
Rusty:

I've followed all of the steps in your walkthrough, although I'm uncertain I did the correct thing in the volume portion. When I click "add folder", I get the dropdown, chose "docker" and created the folder "bitwarden" (since it wasn't there by default). On the right side, I created a folder on my NAS and linked to it. Was that correct?

I then entered my IP address:80 hoping to see something Bitwarden. Unfortunately, the browser automatically changed the port to 5000 and logged into my NAS home page. What am I doing incorrectly here?

CheapDad
Could you share an image of your volume bind/map and the port configuration as well? You can do it in private if you want

Upvote 0
Looks like I’m going to have to take the plunge to Bitwarden after the latest announcement from Lastpass

FYI... BEFORE you move over.....We successfully Moved over to BitWarden on our PC's and Samsung Mobile phones..... However yesterday we performed a typical Samsung/T-Mobile software Update on our Mobile's...... It immediately crippled Bitwarden and other functions. Other than accessing the APP, NO ability to Open Websites directly or any other BW function will be able to work..... BW says this "Android 11" Update is the cause, and it will "Tentatively be fixed in March"..... I advise keeping LastPass until they switch over to paid... at least we will have functionality till then....

Upvote 0
FYI... BEFORE you move over.....We successfully Moved over to BitWarden on our PC's and Samsung Mobile phones..... However yesterday we performed a typical Samsung/T-Mobile software Update on our Mobile's...... It immediately crippled Bitwarden and other functions. Other than accessing the APP, NO ability to Open Websites directly or any other BW function will be able to work..... BW says this "Android 11" Update is the cause, and it will "Tentatively be fixed in March"..... I advise keeping LastPass until they switch over to paid... at least we will have functionality till then....
Does your BW work on other devices apart form that Android one? If so this is clearly an Android problem.

Upvote 0
Is there an easy way to know if the docker image has been updated? With unifi when you log in, it will tell you that there’s a new controller version; wondering if this is the same with Bitwarden?

Upvote 0
Is there an easy way to know if the docker image has been updated? With unifi when you log in, it will tell you that there’s a new controller version; wondering if this is the same with Bitwarden?
Not by default but you could use watchtower

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Back