LDAP over SSL

NAS
DS1019+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Hi all,

So, I've got a NAS running with its own domain and a Let's Encrypt certificate. I've got the LDAP Server package installed. When running tests, I figured out that I can connect and browse the LDAP directory over an unsecured connection, but if I try to enable SSL - it fails. Both port 389 and 636 are open.

1604413719761.png
1604413774911.png

What more do I need to do in order to be able to use Synology as an LDAP server securely?

Thank you.

Actually I do mean on the router.

I am trying on the same LAN, even the same NAS. But I'm not sure how to accomplish this - the app I need to authenticate against the LDAP directory is in Docker. Which IP and Port should I use in the configuration?

Actually I do mean on the router.

I am trying on the same LAN, even the same NAS. But I'm not sure how to accomplish this - the app I need to authenticate against the LDAP directory is in Docker. Which IP and Port should I use in the configuration?
If its the same lan then unless you have some firewall in place there will be no need to allow any ports.

So the app is in docker or the ldap server is in docker?

If you are running ldap on your nas then those are the ports that you should use.

Last edited:
The app is in Docker, the LDAP server is the one built in Synology. The only firewall is the one on the NAS.
Does this mean that in the app I should use the LAN IP address and 393 as a port?

EDIT: Never mind, I got it working with the local IP.

Thank you!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.