LE certificate for subdomain

Currently reading
LE certificate for subdomain

You may have noticed that when you use Synology's native certificate update process, it restarts the web server when it's complete. This is a symptom of restarting nginx, and is necessary in order for the new certs to become active. The dead-easiest way to do this would be to reboot the server, but restarting nginx will do it more gracefully.

This should do the trick (as root): synoservice –restart nginx
I ran synoservice --restart nginx but it didn't do the trick. In the Security center, it's still the previous date displayed and the certificate in the reverse proxy folders are still the old ones as well...

It says "Ed79Bk" but I don't know what to do about it?
That means that the default certificate on DMS is your LE cert, then this output is the name of the folder inside _archive. There are files that need to be changed. Try and place the new certs using the same name of the files and reset nginx.

Thanks for your help @Rusty
Here we go and it seems to work :)
Code:
#!/bin/bash

{
    sudo docker run -it --rm --name certbot \
            -v "/volume1/docker/certbot:/etc/letsencrypt" \
            certbot/dns-cloudflare certonly \
            --dns-cloudflare \
            --dns-cloudflare-credentials /etc/letsencrypt/.secrets/cloudflare.ini \
            --server https://acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/directory \
            --force-renewal \
            -d *.mydomain.xyz;

cp /volume1/docker/certbot/live/mydomain.xyz/fullchain.pem /volume1/docker/certbot/tmp/fullchain.pem
    cp /volume1/docker/certbot/live/mydomain.xyz/privkey.pem /volume1/docker/certbot/tmp/privkey.pem
    cp /volume1/docker/certbot/live/mydomain.xyz/cert.pem /volume1/docker/certbot/tmp/cert.pem

sudo rm /usr/syno/etc/certificate/system/default/fullchain.pem
    sudo rm /usr/syno/etc/certificate/system/default/privkey.pem
    sudo rm /usr/syno/etc/certificate/system/default/cert.pem

sudo cp /volume1/docker/certbot/tmp/fullchain.pem /usr/syno/etc/certificate/system/default/fullchain.pem
    sudo cp /volume1/docker/certbot/tmp/privkey.pem /usr/syno/etc/certificate/system/default/privkey.pem
    sudo cp /volume1/docker/certbot/tmp/cert.pem /usr/syno/etc/certificate/system/default/cert.pem
    sudo cp /volume1/docker/certbot/tmp/fullchain.pem /usr/syno/etc/certificate/_archive/Ed79Bk/fullchain.pem
    sudo cp /volume1/docker/certbot/tmp/privkey.pem /usr/syno/etc/certificate/_archive/Ed79Bk/privkey.pem
    sudo cp /volume1/docker/certbot/tmp/cert.pem /usr/syno/etc/certificate/_archive/Ed79Bk/cert.pem

cd /usr/syno/etc/certificate/system/default
    ls -al

sudo synoservice --restart nginx
}

Thanks for your help @Rusty
Here we go and it seems to work :)
Code:
#!/bin/bash

{
    sudo docker run -it --rm --name certbot \
            -v "/volume1/docker/certbot:/etc/letsencrypt" \
            certbot/dns-cloudflare certonly \
            --dns-cloudflare \
            --dns-cloudflare-credentials /etc/letsencrypt/.secrets/cloudflare.ini \
            --server https://acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/directory \
            --force-renewal \
            -d *.mydomain.xyz;

cp /volume1/docker/certbot/live/mydomain.xyz/fullchain.pem /volume1/docker/certbot/tmp/fullchain.pem
    cp /volume1/docker/certbot/live/mydomain.xyz/privkey.pem /volume1/docker/certbot/tmp/privkey.pem
    cp /volume1/docker/certbot/live/mydomain.xyz/cert.pem /volume1/docker/certbot/tmp/cert.pem

sudo rm /usr/syno/etc/certificate/system/default/fullchain.pem
    sudo rm /usr/syno/etc/certificate/system/default/privkey.pem
    sudo rm /usr/syno/etc/certificate/system/default/cert.pem

sudo cp /volume1/docker/certbot/tmp/fullchain.pem /usr/syno/etc/certificate/system/default/fullchain.pem
    sudo cp /volume1/docker/certbot/tmp/privkey.pem /usr/syno/etc/certificate/system/default/privkey.pem
    sudo cp /volume1/docker/certbot/tmp/cert.pem /usr/syno/etc/certificate/system/default/cert.pem
    sudo cp /volume1/docker/certbot/tmp/fullchain.pem /usr/syno/etc/certificate/_archive/Ed79Bk/fullchain.pem
    sudo cp /volume1/docker/certbot/tmp/privkey.pem /usr/syno/etc/certificate/_archive/Ed79Bk/privkey.pem
    sudo cp /volume1/docker/certbot/tmp/cert.pem /usr/syno/etc/certificate/_archive/Ed79Bk/cert.pem

cd /usr/syno/etc/certificate/system/default
    ls -al

sudo synoservice --restart nginx
}
Well done indeed

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.