Leaving apple enviroment

NAS
DS215+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Hello!

Finally I got rid of my apple addiction (thanks to a wet iphone and a low cash available to replace it...) and migrated to android. So I now want to cancel my icloud subscription and before it I need to download all photos. there are thousands.

Years ago I tried it and seems there was no direct method to do it to synology, and I dont see now any too. I just come here for advice on how to proceed.
the easiest way, install icloud for win, download all photos and then copy them to synology but when I try this I'm not sure all photos have been downloaded...

any ideas? thanks!

Hello!

Finally I got rid of my apple addiction (thanks to a wet iphone and a low cash available to replace it...) and migrated to android. So I now want to cancel my icloud subscription and before it I need to download all photos. there are thousands.

Years ago I tried it and seems there was no direct method to do it to synology, and I dont see now any too. I just come here for advice on how to proceed.
the easiest way, install icloud for win, download all photos and then copy them to synology but when I try this I'm not sure all photos have been downloaded...

any ideas? thanks!
Whats your nas model? If you have Acronis True Image in your package center you could transfer them that way easily

Another is using DSfile with its Photo Backup option

Whats your nas model? If you have Acronis True Image in your package center you could transfer them that way easily

Another is using DSfile with its Photo Backup option
Thanks, I dont think I can use either of this solutions, as I dont have a apple device anymore, I need to download it from Icloud.

There's still no iCloud integration in DSM.

Have you installed the iCloud client on your Windows device? There is an iCloud Photos part of this.

Looks like you can download to the Windows device and from there you can transfer to the NAS.

edit: ah, you said you already did this. Even on Mac and iOS I never used iCloud as the centralised library and have always used a home iPhotos/Photo library to manage and backup.

I just read the iCloud guide and it says "Your photos and videos will be downloaded to the location you set in iCloud Photos Options.", so can't you just set the download location to a share folder on the NAS?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.