Let's Encrypt Certificate Renewal

Currently reading
Let's Encrypt Certificate Renewal

On the subject of Let's Encrypt certificate renewal, is there any way of notifying that the certificate as been renewed at the time of renewal?
Recently I noticed, at last, that my certificate had been auto-renewed (I am still using DSM 6.2.4). Accessing the NAS via iPad or iPhone I had a message that the certificate had changed and did I trust it. I then checked the certificate and found that it had an extra 90 days. It would help to know that the certificate has changed. (Perhaps DSM 7 does that, but going on comments her, I am in no hurry to install that yet.)

I am not aware if the Syno Cert Manager implents dns-challenge.

Though, other LE clients like acme.sh do support it well - if there is build-in support for your dns provider than it's even nicer. Acme.sh even has a hook to upload renewed certificates back to the cert manager. On top you will be able to issue wildcard certificates.

Atm, still no support.

Rusty, I know you have a guide for wildcard certs using cloud flare.

Here’s my dilemma, I have a free website hosted by google using my domain name. Everything else that I use for RP is for subdomains. Is there a way to do that wildcard cert and cloudflare without hitting the main domain, only the subdomains?

Rusty, I know you have a guide for wildcard certs using cloud flare.

Here’s my dilemma, I have a free website hosted by google using my domain name. Everything else that I use for RP is for subdomains. Is there a way to do that wildcard cert and cloudflare without hitting the main domain, only the subdomains?
CF will require a root domain registration.

No doubt there wouldn’t be an issue moving it to cloudflare, my issue is the website of my root domain which is hosted by google domains breaks. It’s as if the root domain needs to remain with googles name servers for the website.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.