Link shortener

Currently reading
Link shortener

If I enter my NAS ip followed by the port number I get the Apache message. If I append admin to the URL then I get another page, this time a splash screen saying RTFM.

For the avoidance of doubt the URL used is http://nas ip address:3000/admin which takes me to the splash screen.

Attachments

• 1589376238357211852192119640301.jpg
    1589376238357211852192119640301.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 41
If I enter my NAS ip followed by the port number I get the Apache message. If I append admin to the URL then I get another page, this time a splash screen saying RTFM.

For the avoidance of doubt the URL used is http://nas ip address:3000/admin which takes me to the splash screen.
Do you have YOURLS_SITE variable defined pointing to your own domain?

Thanks for getting back. If I put that environment variable in the config file and enter my NAS ip address and port 3000 it redirects to the domain name and 404 not found.
That variable is an environment variable, no need to put it in the config file

Yes, using the settings you suggested in the short tutorial and substituting in my NAS ip address for the mariadb.
Not sure I understand 100% this. Would it be a problem to post back how your container (yourls) is setup?

Okay, I have attached the Environment Variable entries that I have used. I did get it to the login screen where it asked for my username and password but even though I have set the variables it will not let me login. Naturally, I had to blank out the entries but to give you an idea of what I entered into the blanked out bits:-

YOURLS_SITE - somedomain.com
YOURLS_DB_HOST - 123.456.7.8:3306
YOURLS_DB_USER - dbusername
YOURLS_DB_PASS - dbpassword

I set some variables for YOURLS_USER and YOURLS_PASS in the vain hope that this would let me access the admin part.

Attachments

• Annotation 2020-05-13 194013.png
    Annotation 2020-05-13 194013.png
    164.7 KB · Views: 81
Check your config.php file and search for:

Code:
$yourls_user_passwords = array(                                                                                                                           
  getenv('YOURLS_USER') => getenv('YOURLS_PASS'),                                                                                                         
  'yourusername'    =>      'passwordxxxxxx'

If it's missing, add your values here and restart the container and then try and log in. More info here

Last edited:
Okey - now its running. Great! Thank you very much @all!

But can someone please tell me the default user/password for SSH connection? I defined the Passwort for admin login in the docker values. But I cant change the password again. Its not working.

Can someone please tell me how to edit the config while running it in a docker container? I want to change the password set on first installation.

Best regards
PD
Are we talking about link shortener here or what password exactly? Also, how does your mapping look like regarding this container?

Yes - the yourls admin password for entering the webgui. The value fot user/pw in the docker container were used for the installation, but I cant change it afterwards. Unfourtunately I dont know how to change the Docker Image through the terminal,

Yes - the yourls admin password for entering the webgui. The value fot user/pw in the docker container were used for the installation, but I cant change it afterwards. Unfourtunately I dont know how to change the Docker Image through the terminal,
Do you have a config file for that container mapped (/var/www/html/user/config.php)? Inside it you can define user and pass (previous posts)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.