Currently reading
Links not working

NAS
DS220j
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I'm new to this so if so if this has been covered before sorry.
I'm trying to send a file link to someone. I have the link and emailed it but when clicking on link it wont open.
I have tried various browsers and get the similar response from them "took too long to respond" or "the request timed out". I tried turning off my security but made no difference.
Any help please.

I'm new to this so if so if this has been covered before sorry.
I'm trying to send a file link to someone. I have the link and emailed it but when clicking on link it wont open.
I have tried various browsers and get the similar response from them "took too long to respond" or "the request timed out". I tried turning off my security but made no difference.
Any help please.
First off how did you get the link? Using what method exactly?

Do you have port open on your router to allow access from the outside towards that link?

Give a bit more detail and we can take it from there.

Well I've think I might have sorted it. But have some times have another problem.
I go into File Station and right click on the file I want to share I then email the gofile link.
Now sometimes it opens with no problem and sometimes I get "Sorry, the page you are looking for is not found"
Any idea

Well I've think I might have sorted it. But have some times have another problem.
I go into File Station and right click on the file I want to share I then email the gofile link.
Now sometimes it opens with no problem and sometimes I get "Sorry, the page you are looking for is not found"
Any idea
It depends on the go file domain being accessible as well as quickconnect.

Are you using QC by any chance?

If you mean quickconnect yes but I'm not 100% sure about the router to allow access.

If you mean quickconnect yes but I'm not 100% sure about the router to allow access.
Not a fan of sharing via QC so can’t say how well it works but if it works from time to time means that the problem is probably not on your end but do you have an example of your link?

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a link it's just a text file Connecting...
Just notice something else now. My connection is saying Not secure.

well I have the same problem. go file works fine but redirect to your nas is the problem. best to have a look at your firewall/router elements

Last edited:

It loads, just takes a long time. I've seen this when QC relay service is turned on. When I first got the NAS I used QC (no relay service). If you turn relay off you're most likely are not going to be able to access the NAS. This is because you haven't setup port forwarding; possibly?

Below is from DSM Help - QuickConnect. I WOULDNT SUGGEST PORT FORWARDING 5000 & 5001. Make it a custom port example 8900 which forwards to 5000 & 8901 which forwards to 5001. I would also setup these port forwards directly from the router, as opposed to having DSM do it, in which would use UPNP which has its flaws

Note:​

For better QuickConnect performance, it is recommended that you go to Control Panel > External Access > Router Configuration to configure port forwarding for each service:

• DSM: 5000 (HTTP); 5001 (HTTPS)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.