NAS
DS1819+
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
hello,

i am new in using docker and I thought it is straight forward thing but I was proven wrong. i installed docker image "linuxserver rutorrent" from docker registry since it has the highest ranking to use it in my synology nas. i was successful to access the UI and i started to download a file to try if it works. after it was completed i searched for the file in my nas and could not find it!!! however if i click on the file i can download it to my laptop!. it seems that it was downloaded somewhere in my nas but i am not able to find it. note that after creating the image no folder was created inside the docker folder or anywhere else i thought it will be created after a file is downloaded. can you guys help me i am really frustrated.

i am not able to find it
When setting up the container, you must tell it where to drop the files (volume mapping), among other things. Otherwise, stuff can end up on the OS partition, and prevent the NAS from running. For example:
Code:
volumes:
      - </path/to/rutorrent/config>:/config
      - </path/to/rutorrent/downloads>:/downloads

Container settings are described on Docker Hub.

how can access the OS partition to remove the files created there to avoid issues
Looks like you didn't understand what @Telos wrote. Why don't you share how you have your rutorrent container configured and we can then help with more precision.

Looks like you didn't understand what @Telos wrote. Why don't you share how you have your rutorrent container configured and we can then help with more precision.
no ive understand him and what he said was right i did not tell it where to drop the files (volume mapping) issue is solved now i want to delete the files i downloaded in the OS partion. my question is how can i access OS files and folders to delete what was downloaded there

Delete and recreate the container. I believe that will clear all that the container was holding.
That will solve it cleanly.
Or you could browse within the running container's /downloads folder, and delete all you see there (via command window).
Be carefull: if the volume mapping is already done, the mapped host will will be mounted "on-top" of the folder in the containers filesystem and you end up deleting files from the mapped host folder.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.