Local and USB not available in HyperBackup, despite showing in external devices and shared folders

Currently reading
Local and USB not available in HyperBackup, despite showing in external devices and shared folders

NAS
DS716ii
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
I added a new HDD via USB yesterday on DSM 7 and couldn't see the Local options in Hyper Backup in Chrome, but could in Opera. The HDD was showing in external devices and shared folders. The answer zoom in Chrome was set to 75%. Once I reset it to 100% Local and USB were an option!

@PhilipH So glad I searched for HyperBackup and found this simple post. My nightly local directory backup failed last night so thought it was time to start afresh with a new HB task only to find the local option missing. I had presumed that Syno had removed it on the sly but, sure enough, reseting the zoom on Safari prompted all options to become visible. Some really bad coding by Synology!

Anyway, a hair-pulling-avoidance thank you from me. 👍

☕

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.