Locked out of device

NAS
DS920+
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Hello all, this is my first post and I am in some serious need of help.

I have a DS920+ for personal use. I am the only user who has access to the device. I was attempting to login earlier and confused the password I use. The device locked me out by IP address. I have the settings very strict on the device when it comes to logins. I don't recall what I set the timeframe for lockout to or if I made it a permanent ban setup.

I figured I'll use my hotspot. When I attempted again I now get "The user or password is invalid. Try again". It most certainly is not. I am the admin on the device. I made an error and didn't create a backup admin account. I power cycled the device, attempted local login and with the hotspot, same errors.

I also tried the 'quickconnect.to/' locally and over hotspot. I also tried different browsers. I also tried from my phone over wifi and cellular. Getting the same results.

I have 12TB of personal data that I refuse to lose. Yes, I have an offsite backup, but I would strongly prefer to not have to go that route.

Without reseting my entire device, what can I do to get back in?

Solution
using the reset button on the back if the NAS won’t wipe your drives, so you won’t lose your data.

Check the online knowledgebase for details on the Theo modes of reset.

Before this you can also try manually setting your Mac’s IP address to something on the LAN that hasn’t been auto-blocked.
using the reset button on the back if the NAS won’t wipe your drives, so you won’t lose your data.

Check the online knowledgebase for details on the Theo modes of reset.

Before this you can also try manually setting your Mac’s IP address to something on the LAN that hasn’t been auto-blocked.

Upvote 0
Solution
I had this same problem from my desktop last year. No idea why. I was able to get into the NAS via the phone app and reset the lockout.

Upvote 0
Did that once. Had block set for ‘one strike and you are out!’ Changed IP of computer (all static here) and got in. Then unblocked that IP & set that IP as ‘preferred’ so that would not happen again, then lastly changed IP of computer back to where it was. Yes! A “Learning” experience!

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.