NAS
Q!T@cB*PyE4B4Zpy
Router
  1. RT1900ac
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
So my RT1900ac has recently started misbehaving, some devices just losing 2.4GHz connection (5GHz devices stable), requires a nightly restart otherwise it becomes unresponsive. By that I mean all LED indicators look normal and it pings, but it's not passing any wired/wireless traffic and web interface unavailable. Log in the web interface don't show anything of interest. Config is pretty standard I would have thought, Safe Access and Threat Prevention are installed/configured but no VPN, DNS, Media etc. Smart Connect is not enabled (I've some devices that really didn't like that) and 2.4 and 5GHz SSIDs are different. Channels aren't congested with neighbouring APs.

Not sure if related, but my latest Android phone would just not maintain a connection to either 2.4 or 5GHz (would connect for a minute or so, then drop).

Any thoughts on what to check?

I'm not too keen on putting hours into fixing a years-old device so if you think it's toast and I should just buy a 6600 or whatever, please tell me. Although slightly annoyed SRM 1.3 not coming to the 1900 so I couldn't update it and at least add it as a mesh point in the shed. Oh, and if anyone knows if I could just restore my 1900's backup config file to a 6600 that would sway me.

Have you maybe tried to factory reset it? I know its a pain to go over the configuration again but you could export it ofc and speed things up.

Guessing you tried to power cycle it as well?

if anyone knows if I could just restore my 1900's backup config file to a 6600 that would sway me
configuration migration will not be possible as this only works with the same major versions. As you said, 1.3 is not compatible with 1900 model so in return its 1.2.5.x configuration will also not be compatible with 1.3.1 version on any of the new models.

Have you maybe tried to factory reset it? I know its a pain to go over the configuration again but you could export it ofc and speed things up.

Guessing you tried to power cycle it as well?

configuration migration will not be possible as this only works with the same major versions. As you said, 1.3 is not compatible with 1900 model so in return its 1.2.5.x configuration will also not be compatible with 1.3.1 version on any of the new models.
Cheers for the reply. Yeah, it locks up so I just have to pull the power each day unless I schedule a reboot.

I do regular config backups so may try a factory reset and config restore.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Trending threads

Back