DS920+
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi there

One of my coworkers renamed for mistake a Folder in the Shared Folder. Just out of curiosity I would like to know who was. I tried to check in the Log Center but I could not find it.

Is that even possible to have such Information? We are connected using SMB via Mac

Thanks a lot!

Log Center -> Logs / Current
Strange it shows nothing. I saw however that in File Station I had the Log deactivated so I cannot find out who was.

However I activated the log and did a test. When I delete a file no log is generated. is that normal?

Before posting the reply I: created a folder using File Station; then connected from Mac to NAS using SMB; renamed the folder. The log showed the rename event associated with my user and that folder.

But you have to have logging enabled in SMB settings (Control Panel), which I have but don't remember doing it.

But you have to have logging enabled in SMB settings (Control Panel), which I have but don't remember doing it.
Okay then this is what I miss. But I think if I don't have the Log activated I cannot see it anymore in Logs who renamed it, right?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.