NAS
DS218+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Whenever I open Log Center I receive a PopUp which states:

"Advanced Function"
It is recommended that you go to Package Center and install the Log Center Package to get the advanced features including sending and receiving logs from other network devices as well as archiving logs"

This is confusing in that I believe I already have the Log Center open to even get this message. When I do check the Package Center, it shows Log Center as already installed. I ask to make sure I already have what this PopUp says to get. I don't want to assume anything. There is a "Do Not show this message again" checkbox at the bottom. But why would an app tell you to install itself when it's already installed (if that's the case)?

Whenever I open Log Center I receive a PopUp which states:

"Advanced Function"
It is recommended that you go to Package Center and install the Log Center Package to get the advanced features including sending and receiving logs from other network devices as well as archiving logs"

This is confusing in that I believe I already have the Log Center open to even get this message. When I do check the Package Center, it shows Log Center as already installed. I ask to make sure I already have what this PopUp says to get. I don't want to assume anything. There is a "Do Not show this message again" checkbox at the bottom. But why would an app tell you to install itself when it's already installed (if that's the case)?
Correct. Additional install will install some other features that were mentioned. If you have no need for it, just ignore the message.

Additional install will install some other features that were mentioned.
I think the point being made is we think we've already made the additional install. Or is there a secret we don't know...

[quick edit: I have the extra bits (log send/receive) but still got the pop up until I killed it]

Was this ever officially addressed? Or did everyone settle on "ignore it"?
I started getting this pop up a few days ago, installed Log Center, continue to get the error.

There’s a basic Log Center built into DSM and this throws up the info message. Then there’s the enhanced Log Center available for download in Package Center. It adds some features but I forget what: enabling it to be a Log Receiver (syslog)?

Set to ignore the alert if it doesn’t go away by itself. It’s no big deal.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.