Currently reading

Hi

I own a Synology NAS which I sometimes access while I am traveling. Currently Im on vaccation and Id like to access some files. For some reason Im unable to login even though Im quite sure Im using the correct login data.
There is a VM running on the NAS with Windows 7. I can however access the VM using Teamviewer. Is there any way to login to the NAS from the VM and create an additional user so I can use that to log in?

It sounds that you may have triggered Auto Block for your current remote IP address. If that is true then it would be down to your settings for how long before the block lasts until it times out.

Can you run a web browser in Teamviewer's Win7 session? If you can then that may be a way to access the NAS, if you haven't set the NAS firewall to block access from the Win7 VM's IP address.

Do you have a specific NAS package you are trying to use or is it just the DSM web portal?

I already tried that. I opened a browser on the VM and tried to log into the NAS web portal within the LAN. Same result.
I did change the PW about 10days before I left home and of course I was able to login using the new credentials afterwards. I have no clue what may have happened...

is the Synology search and setup utility any help in my case? Didnt install it yet on the VM - didnt want to make things worse..

If this is indeed the case of autoblocking the IP address, then one more thing that you can try is accessing the /etc/synoautoblock.db database and removing the record that points to the IP in question.

Also you will have to have ssh access already in place.

is the Synology search and setup utility any help in my case? Didnt install it yet on the VM - didnt want to make things worse..
Synology Assistant? I don't know as I never use it, the Windows version is a bit more useful than the Mac one from what I hear.

Are you sure you are typing the password in correctly? If you use a password manager then try copy and paste.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.