Currently reading
DS photo logging onto DS photo

NAS
DS216+II, DS1621+
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Hi, I'm having issues logging onto DS Photo remotely. I can log on through my iPhone when I'm at home on my home wifi account but if I'm just on cellular or away from home on another wifi I cannot log on. My IP address, password etc are all correct and the fact that I can log on when on my home wifi suggests that that is all ok but clearly something is preventing me from logging on elsewhere. My router/wifi is a new Eero pro 6 if that helps. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

No, I can't even log on remotely to DS photo. If i open an internet browser and do quick connect I can log in but to look at photos need DS photo and that won't log on. However when I'm at home on home wifi it works like a dream

What address are you trying to reach when your are outside your network ?

I have tried both the usual IP address and the IP address with :80 after it. Neither works

Usual IP Address like 192.168.x.x ?
If so, this is your LAN IP so it will never work outside your network (which your wifi a.k.a wlan is part)
That's why it works on wifi and not on mobile data
To make it work on mobile data you may want to have a ddns pointing to your public internet IP (either for QC or for regular access)

Ok that makes sense. Thanks! Can you point me to a reference that would explain how to do that please?

I have searched the forums for a guide or resource to do that but it looks like we don't have that yet.
If someone from the staff has a resource ready that would be great.
For now I can only point you to an external resource and the synology official help guide covering the subject.
I recommend you read the guide and other related materials before starting to implement.
If you have any question after reading the resource and before implementing, you can also ask for advice here and I'm sure someone will be please to help and guide you

I can tell you step by step how to do it but need to have one of these things in place. Either:

1. DDNS active and working on your synology NAS;
2. QuickConnect active and working on your synology NAS.

After that, some rudimentary knowledge on how to forward ports on your router and we should be able to get going.

Dear i have some problem, finally i found this forum, read all comment, instruction but the its doesnt work. does anyone can solve this problem.

I have an issue where DS Photom takes a long time to login in. This occurs when connecting outside my network and using the toggle HTTPS. If I turn off HTTPS it connects quick. I noticed this when I changed over to Reverse Proxy. My guess is this is due to DS Photo using port 443, which is also used by the reverse proxy connections. Since DS Photo uses 443, I don't have a RP rule for photostation. I have tried putting a RP rule in for photostation (source 443 destination 443) but then it doesn't work at all.

I need to try and find someone else with a similar setup, using Reverse Proxy and DS Photo.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.