DS420+
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Last edited:
I am a little unsure what the difference is between these two

On Login Portal, DSM, Web Services I have HTTP set to 5000 and HTTPS set to 5001.

On External Access, Advanced I have HTTP set to 65000 and HTTPS set to 65001.

Am I correct in assuming that the first, Login Portal, is for internal access and the External Access, Advanced is for external access both to the DSR?

Am I also correct that I only need to change the external access to other than 5000 and 5001?

If I am using quick connect I don't really need to worry about the External Access ports since they are closed on the router?

Thanks in advance.

External Access is generally there to configure outside services that will allow for external access like QC and DDNS.

Login portal is DSM's version of reverse proxy. So, to translate outside URLs coming in on default or custom ports that your set, and push them internally to any targeted service running on a completely different port.

Am I also correct that I only need to change the external access to other than 5000 and 5001?
that would be a suggested security step for sure but if you are planing on pushing your NAS to the web, a mandatory one as well.

If I am using quick connect I don't really need to worry about the External Access ports since they are closed on the router?
Correct, you don't

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Old thread notice: There have been no replies in this thread for quite some time. The last reply was on .
The content in this thread may no longer be relevant. It might be better to open a new thread instead.