blackvoid Loki - log aggregation platform from the creators of Grafana

Currently reading
blackvoid Loki - log aggregation platform from the creators of Grafana

Loki - log aggregation platform from the creators of Grafana

This article will be about running Loki, the new Grafana Labs platform for log aggregation. What Loki offers is to present the logs that you can then query, parse, and compare inside Grafana! How cool is that? Metric and logs in one place, as it should be. As with all platforms that I use, this one will also run inside Docker. (feel free to skip the intro if you are not interested until you hit the title Grafana + Loki + Promtail stack (GLP))

Continue reading...

Beatiful writeup for a great set of tools that are ment to work together. Even though, I haven't used Loki yet, I was planning to replace the heavyweight Graylog stack (which replaced a heavyweight ELK stack) of my last project with Loki... if only the project wouldn't have been canceled.

Rusty, in your docker run commands, your always have "continuation" backslashes in the first two lines, but non on the following. May I suggest to either remove the backslashes in the first lines as well, or even better add the continuation backslashes to the other lines as well?

Appart from that: loving it! Thanks for sharing :)

Beatiful writeup for a great set of tools that are ment to work together. Even though, I haven't used Loki yet, I was planning to replace the heavyweight Graylog stack (which replaced a heavyweight ELK stack) of my last project with Loki... if only the project wouldn't have been canceled.

Rusty, in your docker run commands, your always have "continuation" backslashes in the first two lines, but non on the following. May I suggest to either remove the backslashes in the first lines as well, or even better add the continuation backslashes to the other lines as well?

Appart from that: loving it! Thanks for sharing :)
Tnx for the positive comment and tnx for the warning. I was writing by hand and ofc copied later on the same "error" will fix it right now. To make matter worse I have a NOTE saying to delete them haha. Tnx!

On the Loki front, I hear you. Was running Splunk Light for some time on the nas but not even that version of ELK stack wasn't a nice fit for me... When you need a quick look into some logs this is way way better, not to mention the fact that it is not using any resources at all, especially if you have Grafana already up and running.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Trending threads

Back