Looking for some SPK's with SynoCommunity offline

NAS
DS118
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Hi,

I've got a DS118 so no access to Docker but I had to reformat it a few nights ago without actually realising SynoCommunity was offline. I'm on DSM 7 and I'm looking for Sonarr and Python 3 mainly and I've had no luck finding the SPK's to directly download so far and I'm googling my behind off at the moment.

If anyone can point me towards them I'd be very grateful, thankyou.

Solution
I had no issues to install the packages from the repo on the nas.

Anyway, it seems like this friendy repo crawler helps you to get what you want: synopackage.com
Just make sure to set it to your dsm version and nas model, before downloading any spk'
Last edited:
Did you check before your last post. SynoCommunity is not offline and just for the sake of testing, I just installed Sonarr and Python3 on DSM7. Worked like a charme :)

update: oddly I had to run sudo python3 -m ensurepip before the pip3 command was available, even though it seems pip3 and setuptool exist in /usr/lib/python3.8/ensurepip...

Upvote 0
Did you check before your last post. SynoCommunity is not offline and just for the sake of testing, I just installed Sonarr and Python3 on DSM7. Worked like a charme :)

update: oddly I had to run sudo python3 -m ensurepip before the pip3 command was available, even though it seems pip3 and setuptool exist in /usr/lib/python3.8/ensurepip...
Well i'd like to know what you've done then, because it is down. There's an issue been opened up on github about it here

Upvote 0
I did nothing more than register https://packages.synocommunity.com/ as repo source and install the packages. I am sure you have your reasons to download the pacakges from the webpage and install them manualy, but that approach honestly never occured to me.
The only reason I went to that webpage is because I couldn't connect to synocommunity.

But this is what i've got in my package centre ..

Untitled.jpg

And it refuses to connect every time. I followed all the steps - changed the DNS servers, synchronised the time e.t.c.. and nothing worked so that's when I went to the website to check because i've been able to grab SPK's from there before and I saw that nothing was available.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.