Lost access to site after 6.2.4-25556 Update 2

NAS
DS713+
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Last edited:
Hi, hope someone can help with this: I have two sites hosted on my Synology, both have been working without problems for a very long time. After the latest DSM update, one of them is now unavailable, and I just can't figure out why.

Web station is set up and showing "normal" for both virtual hosts, the RapidWeaver site files are in their right places, but one site reports that "server can't be found".

I have restarted the DSM and been trying to change the Apache and PHP versions, but nothing fixes the problem.

Did something happen with the latest DSM update that broke something?
-- post merged: --

Hi, hope someone can help with this: I have two sites hosted on my Synology, both have been working without problems for a very long time. After the latest DSM update, one of them is now unavailable, and I just can't figure out why.

Web station is set up and showing "normal" for both virtual hosts, the RapidWeaver site files are in their right places, but one site reports that "server can't be found".

I have restarted the DSM and been trying to change the Apache and PHP versions, but nothing fixes the problem.

Did something happen with the latest DSM update that broke something?
Update, without me doing anything, I could for a short period access the site again, but without any warning it went offline again.

Are you coming from the Internet, or is local access the problem?

Could it be a DNS resolution issue?
Hmm, perhaps you are on to something, just went out and on 4G from my phone, everything works.
-- post merged: --

Also, the other site that does run, is it the same "platform" as the one that doesn't run? Can you test that virtual host with a simple web app just to see if it loads up and not RapidWeaver?
You mean access the urls from a browser? Both sites are made in RW

Rapidweaver is a Mac web development app [... that's been getting progressively more expensive over the years] and it can publish to the local or remote file storage used by a web server/virtual host. I'd wager that it has nothing to do with this problem.

If the problem comes and goes then it's probably linked to where the client web browser is, how you're addressing the request to the virtual host, DNS, and/or certificates. Or Web Station playing up.

I think the problem was port forwarding, I have been setting up Home Assistant and that messed with ports. Working again now!
Oh well, at least this was a short thread to resolution than the much longer "why's in not working, nothing has changed" thread that eventually revealed "I changed the router, but that can't be it" :ROFLMAO:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.