Currently reading
Safe Access Love/Hate W/ Safe Access

NAS
DS920+
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I am new to Safe Access, and I am coming from Eero. So far, everything seems to work really well; however, I've noticed it's super strict, and I can't seem to understand how to correct it. For example, the Target app will not load pictures. I turn off safe access, and it works. I put target.com in the exceptions list, and it still doesn't work. Additionally, I was trying to chat with Squarespace customer service, and the customer service chat loaded when I turned Safe Access off.

I assume they are using a different domain to provide media content. Thats why I have a love hate relationship because Eero would just block the ad's and spammy stuff. This blocks what seems like everything that is even remotely advertising. It feels very "all or nothing". I want ad blocking but I cant go through and try to whitelist everything only to find out that its not in fact white listed. This also happened with Home Depot.

I tend to use pihole and unbound, pihole is very good for getting rid of ads, and you can run it in a container if you have a NAS, if not pick up any cheap Raspberry Pi and it takes minutes to setup, ad a few adlists and kiss goodbye to ads.

screenshot_1390.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Old thread notice: There have been no replies in this thread for quite some time. The last reply was on .
The content in this thread may no longer be relevant. It might be better to open a new thread instead.