Lychee (photo management)

Currently reading
Lychee (photo management)

NAS
DS220+ : DS1019+ : DS920+ : DS118 : APC Back UPS ES 700 — Mac/iOS user
I've been playing with Lychee (a "photo management tool"). So simple to install in Docker and easy to use. No fancy AI or anything like that, just an elegant (and fast) photo/video management/browser tool.

I followed the quick start under setup here. One line to set it up in docker.

I wish for a mobile and Apple TV apps. But for now I’m really impressed and I’ll explore its advanced settings.

I used it for a while, in my search for alternatives to PhotoStation.
I tried it with docker compose in Fedora and with a script in TrueNAS, both of them in an old PC used for experiments.
Very easy installation in both cases and a very light application.

It is inferior to Photostation, in both eye candy and functionality
(for as long as we can have Photostation in a supported DSM ) at least for my needs and preferences.

Last edited:
@WST16 - it is really nice and simple design

@kiriak: Piwigo plugin in TrueNAS/Jail is working perfectly:
include official extensions, incl. Lightroom integration, ...
-- post merged: --

The Jail feature is one great point for power home users and it is something that might finally notice in Synology.
The Docker container is a great thing (I like this kind of technology), but if you want a functional full version of something for self-hosting with the ability to directly install other add-ons, then Docker can't do that (yeah except creating a new container again and again and again by yourself).

My needs are so simple. And I think it's uncluttered, elegant and so fast. Will need to spend more time playing with it before I decide to start moving my photos.

… beauty is hidden in simplicity. This does not mean that everything that is simple is beautiful. It should be about whether those 20% effort will bring 80% of the new experience or just a satisfaction. And that's why everyone always likes something different. What is absolutely OK.
Enjoy!

:coffee:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.