Mac OS 12.5.1 Monterrey 12.5 integration with Active Directory Server?

Currently reading
Mac OS 12.5.1 Monterrey 12.5 integration with Active Directory Server?

NAS
DS1515+
Operating system
  1. macOS
I have followed this tutorial for macOS 11 but All I get is a constant spinning icon and my machine will not login:

Does anyone know any changes that need to be done to make this work for 12.5?

thank you.

Since that article I have stopped using the Directory server package, and I only use LDAP one for other things. Saying that I was not able to test out this with that particular version of macOS.

I could test it out later this week when I get the time and get back to you on this (unless someone else replays 1st).

Since that article I have stopped using the Directory server package, and I only use LDAP one for other things. Saying that I was not able to test out this with that particular version of macOS.

I could test it out later this week when I get the time and get back to you on this (unless someone else replays 1st).
I would really appreciate that. Which one do you use and does it allow you to store local files on the Synology? As in, the user's local home resides there instead of the Mac computer, making it easy for a user to logon to any computer? thank you.

Which one do you use and does it allow you to store local files on the Synology?
In that article I used Synology Directory Server, and yes, as shown on the bottom of the article, you can use "roaming" profiles that live on the NAS instead of the Mac itself.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Back