Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. Windows
DSM/Drive User
MacOs - 11.5.2
Drive client App - 3.0.1-12674
Drive Server - 3.0.1-12674

Background
I cleaned one of the Team Folders structure (weekend), changed some folder structures (move within the Team Folders).
I modified the permissions within the Team folder for one specific DSM user (mentioned above).

The result
All Desktop Drive Apps have synced properly (currently +28 connected). There is a whole range of OSs (Win, Ubuntu, MacOS).
Similarly, SmartOS Apps (iOS only). Great.
Except for the user mentioned above.

How this user behaves
1. In the Desktop Drive side the user sees a directory structure that he should not see (unexpected result). 4x checked permissions, group settings, ACL, permissions inspector - setup is OK. The others see it as expected.
2. At the Drive level, the client DriveWeb or the DSM / File station see everything as expected - then no problem related to the permissions is discovered at this side.
3. So the problem will be in the MacOS Drive Desktop App
4. Uninstall of the MacOS Desktop Drive App. (Finder - Applications - Select Drive and move to the Trash. Empty the Trash. Done.
5. New Installation of the MacOS Desktop Drive App. Done.
6. Initial Drive Sync settings in the MacOS Desktop Drive App. And here's the problem - the user doesn't see the structure of the allowed Team folders (from Drive server as usual) on the Drive side - it is empty.
7. Setup completed through it all.
8. Drive desktop App has started synchronization and shows sync + 3xxx files - this is a problem because it is about nmax. 250 files (follow the user permissions).
9. View the destination directory in Mac Finder - there is exactly the old tree structure, named above in point c. 1.
10. Re-inspection according to point no. 2 - Everything as it should be.
11. So I got to point no. 3.
I repeated the whole thing 2 more times (uninstallation, installation). The same result.

Your point?

I experienced consolidated permissions when I migrated to DSM 7 and had a local user and LDAP user with the same short name. Took some troubleshooting and haven’t had a satisfactory response from Synology Support: DSM will allow LDAP short name logins where there is no corresponding local user; if a new LDAP user is added that matches the name of a local user then I can’t manage that LDAP user in DSM 7.

So, I just got a response from Syno Tech support:

Please note, that due to design of drive special ACL permissions have no effect to drive files and users unfortunately. But you can send a feature reuqest be below form to our developers:

:unsure:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.