macOS ssh client that’s capable of downloading and uploading files?

Currently reading
macOS ssh client that’s capable of downloading and uploading files?

Have you tried using Terminal and opening a SFTP session alongside your SSH session? You can drag and drop files from Finder into Terminal and (unless executable) they drop the path to the file.

TBH I use Transmit for this but it's pricey. Also have FileBrowser Pro.

Last edited:
Have you tried using Terminal and opening a SFTP session alongside your SSH session?
Interesting. Never tried that. Will do. Thanks.
-- post merged: --

maybe consider ForkLift 3
I have Forkleft 3. No ssh.

Putty for mac ?
Used it ages ago on Windows. Not my favorite (although very popular). Never tried it on the Mac. Will check. Thanks.

TBH I use Transmit for this but it's pricey.
Wow! No kidding. It’s $45 now. That’s a lot for something I’ll be using occasionally. I remember it was around $15.

In Terminal you can use File -> New Remote Connection to create SSH and SFTP sessions, if you don’t want to type out the commands.
I’ll try that. Thanks.

For graphical and free … Cyberduck
Thanks. I used the Duck a long time ago. Not a fan (it had a Windows feel to it if I recall correctly), but I can try it again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.