Made the leap on my 1019+

NAS
DS1019+
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Well pulled the lever last night after the family went to bed on my 1019+ and went to version 7. I looking at issues people were seeing and 3rd party support the only item I was concerned about was the Emby media server and their support form had a detailed instructions on what to do before and after the update:

The changes in the file permissions where the Emby account is now a system account vs a DriveStation native account was the only thing that hung me up. The instructions stated to add the Emby account back and you cannot because it's now a system account when the Emby package is added.

In total it took about 30 minutes to do the update and about another 30 minutes to fix Emby. Everything else seemed to work just fine from my Docker apps all the way though my Synolgoy packages including my integrations with the Alexa skill for DS Audio. I didn't have time to do much with Photo's which seems to be a point of conversation here but I only used Moments so I had nothing to compare to the Photo Station users.

We now have the long weekend here in the US to really put it to it's paces.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Back