Mail Server Log is a day off?

Currently reading
Mail Server Log is a day off?

NAS
DS212J, DS214play, DS216, DS216play, DS414, DS918+, RS212, RS816, RS819, DS223, DS920+
Router
  1. RT2600ac
  2. MR2200ac
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Note: This post refers to the Mail Server app, not MailPlus Server.

If I look at the Mail Server "Mail Log" (which lists header info for all incoming and outgoing emails), the date of every entry is exactly one day too early. For example, an email received at 9:00am on September 1 will be listed as having been received at 9:00am on August 31. This is despite the fact that the NAS knows what the correct date is for all other purposes. (For example, Control Panel / Regional Options / Time shows the correct date.)

Is anyone else seeing this behavior?

Last edited:
Note: This post refers to the Mail Server app, not MailPlus Server.

If I look at the Mail Server "Mail Log" (which lists header info for all incoming and outgoing emails), the date of every entry is exactly one day too early. For example, an email received at 9:00am on September 1 will be listed as having been received at 9:00am on August 31. This is despite the fact that the NAS knows what the correct date is for all other purposes. (For example, Control Panel / Regional Options / Time shows the correct date.)

Is anyone else seeing this behavior?
Hello.
That happened after a upgrade?
I dont use that app but you can expose that issue on synology support :

Give they more details like NAS model (just one model or in more?) and DSM version for example.

I see that you have more NAS models.
You can try test that particular app in other NAS model and see if it works.

OK! Finally got around to updating Mail Server.

Yep now my log events are showing the same date/time as messages in my iPhones mail app. That's UK summer time, until Sunday 29th when we'll see what happens when we go back to GMT.

I don't have any new log events for mail messages since restarting the server but the messages prior to the upgrade are all showing the correct date and time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.