• Hello Guest! SynoForum.com is celebrating its 5th anniversary! 🥳🎉 Read more...

DSM 7.1 MailPlus mailbox usage

Currently reading
DSM 7.1 MailPlus mailbox usage

Under the MailPlus server Account, it shows my mailbox usage is more than 7GB. However, when I import all my emails from an email service provider web page, The size of the usage on their end is 520MB.

Why is there so much difference between the two systems?
Thanks

when I import all my emails from an email service provider web page, The size of the usage on their end is 520MB.
Poking at the “easy” things ... I suspect the PST export is "compacted". Does the Mailserver have a "compact" feature?

Alternately... create a Hyper Backup task (with compression) that backups only the Mailserver. What backup size results?

I back up everything with Hyper Backup. However, I did not find an option to check specific backups for an app.

I use File Explorer and can view the properties of each folder under MailPlus. The "@local" folder is 7.08GB.

Presuming you set the HB backup with compression, that's consistent with what MailPlus server is reporting. I can't explain the difference with your service provider. Maybe others will offer insight.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.