Currently reading
DSM 6.2 MailServer, Router Setup - need serious help

NAS
Synology DS218+
Router
  1. RT1900ac
Operating system
  1. Windows
Hi, I'm a bit new on setting up the Synology Mail Server and can't get it to work properly :-( . Guess config of router or ISP isn't ok and need help and support.

NAS DS218+ running DSM 6.2.4, WAN cable modem with router using 10.0.0.x, another Synology router RT1900c running SRM 1.2.5 connected to this modem using 192.168.1.x (255.255.255.0) and NAS connected on 192.168.1.48. I can't switch the cable modem to bridge because there's a VOIP connected to it. There're only the phone and the Synology router connected to the cable modem router.

I'm using a Synology DDNS called "server.synology.me" and a registered domain "domain.com.br". Emails should be "[email protected]". I followed the Synology guideline on setting up the MailServer. Now:

• ISP MX registry is "mail.domain.com.br" appointing to "server.synology.me";
  • Cable modem router forwarding ports 25, 465, 587, 110, 995, 143 and 993 from IP* to IP* (like bridge);
  • LAN router forwarding ports 25, 465, 587, 110, 995, 143 and 993 from IP* to 192.168.1.48 (NAS);
  • Domain name on MailServer is "domain.com.br";
  • FQDN on MailServer is "mail.domain.com.br";
  • SMTP, POP, IMAP is activated for test purposes. Antispam and virus deactivated for test purposes.
Mails are not sent and can't receive any on MailPlus.

What's wrong? What I'm missing to do? MX/A/CNAME records missing? Router config incorrect? Is there anybody who can help me?

Hi,
one thing I would be missing on your setup is a DNS A-setting for mail.domain.com.br.
From my (unprofessional) view you are referring Mails to the MX entry but this MX entry is nowhere resolved to an IP address.
Hope this idea helps.
Regards,
Connor

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Back