Managing Mail Server logs

Currently reading
Managing Mail Server logs

NAS
DS218
Operating system
  1. Windows
I posted this question on the "official" Synology forum but got no response so I'm trying here.

I'm running the Synology Mail Server on a DS218 - DSM 7.0.1-42218 Update 3

I just realized that I've got well over 5000 entries in the Mail Log. Is there some way to delete old entries ... where I get to define "old"? All I can find is the options to clear or export the log. Keeping recent log entriies can be useful if diagnosis is necessary, but keeping the entries forever is a waste of storage.

I don't think those entries can be deleted. Those entries are written into the database files. However, you can manage the log file size under Log management->Log Rotation. By default, the size is 30Mbytes. Reduce the size of the file can reduce the entries in the log files.

That would be a fine solution to my problem - I just want to make sure the log does not grow indefinitely. However, I can't find "Log management". Where is it?

What happened when you clicked the Mail Logs 'Clear' button?

1650357478152.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.