Manual Package install upload fails when logged in via domain

Currently reading
Manual Package install upload fails when logged in via domain

NAS
DS4l8play, DS202j, DS3623xs+, DSM 7.3.3-25847
Typically, I log in to DSM via my domain, even while on the LAN.

When I do this, all manual Package Center uploads fail with a pop-up telling me to log in again.

When I log in to DSM with the NAS LAN IP, manual package uploads proceed as expected.

Is there a simple tweak so that uploads work when using my domain to log into DSM when I am on the LAN?

Last edited:
I pretty well always HTTPS to mynas.mydomain.com:nas_port. I even have a LAN only reverse proxy to DSM. Can’t recall last time I had a problem with a relogin prompt. That usually gets fixed by refreshing the browser window, no relogin needed.

That usually gets fixed by refreshing the browser window, no relogin needed.
Refresh had no effect.

Maybe the difference between your system and mine, is that my subdomain (nas1.mydomain.com) connects to the NAS reverse proxy and not by 'nas1.mydomain.com:nas_port'. ['nas_port' is not open to WAN].

Right! I've tested manual installing packages with a browser session logging on using my HTTPS/443 reverse proxy (mynas.domain.com) to DSM web portal.
  1. Updated Plex worked first time.
  2. Installed new package Hyper Backup Vault
    1. First attempt got the failed message like you. Had to cancel the install back to the main Package Center window.
    2. Second attempt worked without issue.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.