DS 718+, 2x-DS 720+
Router
  1. RT2600ac
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Last edited:
I found myself out of town and DS FILE doesn’t connect… (IPhone on WIFI).. Just spins! Tried on 3 different NAS’s. Locally connected NAS Works, but not remotely connected via WIFI & QC Access! (Remember my DS CAM Issue?)

Dumb luck 4 hours later, I check DS APPS, at APP Store: and low & Behold! There is an update on DS FILE at APP STORE When you manually search for it….. under DS FILE — manually, but not at at the APP STORE ICON (No Automatic update is seen!)

So…. Manually Updated DS FILE from within the description in AP STORE SEARCH…. and now it accesses the NAS’s Fine, when hours before it didn’t 😇!
FYI!

Saw this on 3 different Apple products: EACH with 15.2: SE-2020 & 8+ iPhones, and iPad. & 3 different Latest V6 NAS’s: 215J, 718+, & 720+.

In each case the DS FILE Version that did not see an update automatically was: 5.15.1-411. This version does not see an automatic update in APP STORE, and has problems with Quickconnect remote logins under WIFI CONNECTION. (Just like the DS CAM Issue I discussed months ago!)

After searching for DS FILE and Manually updating it, the DS FILE Version is: 5.15.2-003, and works correctly under remote Quickconnect login and WIFI Connection to all 3 Apple Products to all 3 NAS’s!

Somebody didn’t do their job correctly!

Just my way of doing things, but so that I can see what apps are being updated, each morning I always 'pull down' in the App Store app to see what has changed and then do an 'update all'. DS File 5.15.2 was there this morning (UK). (Near a major system update, generally loads of apps suddenly appear to be updated.)

Well, it did get resolved in a few hours, and that was very much welcomed! Nothing like being separated from your data.
Past 4 times we were out of town we’ve had issues. 2x software APP issues, and 2x related to a modem that eventually did die.

Just my way of doing things, but so that I can see what apps are being updated, each morning I always 'pull down' in the App Store app to see what has changed and then do an 'update all'. DS File 5.15.2 was there this morning (UK). (Near a major system update, generally loads of apps suddenly appear to be updated.)
ya I never have auto update on since I like reading the release notes (if any)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.