Currently reading
Mapped Home Folder Disappearing

NAS
900+ and 920+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
I’m writing because I'm having an issue with my Synology (923+) which I cannot locate a solution for despite many days of trying. The problem is, I have two computers that lose their mapped “home” folder when their computers are rebooted. The icons are not being displayed with the red ‘X’ like the drive is disconnected, in this situation. The icon and entire mapped drive just disappear. The other weird part is, they both have another mapped folder labeled “Collection” that does not disappear whenever the computer is rebooted.
I am also storing the credentials by going into Microsoft Credential Manager and adding an entry in Windows Credentials. This is the second Synology I have set up in my office over the past year and these two computers are the first that I am having issues with. Since we are just starting out with this second Synology, I have deleted the users and readded them, thinking I messed up, but it still occurs. I have other user connected to the NAS that don’t have this issue, so I am completely lost. Any help that can be provided would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I know there are a lot of technical aspects and pieces of information that may be needed. I can provide anything that may be needed but I chose to leave them off for now in order to limit the length of this post.

P.S.S. One thing that I just thought about trying tomorrow if I don't get a solution is to login to both of these folders with another user, try to map that user's home folder and see if it stays connected after rebooting. That way, I can limit the issue to the user or computer.

I am also storing the credentials by going into Microsoft Credential Manager and adding an entry in Windows Credentials.

I have always used the Windows "Map Network Drive" wizard in Windows Explorer to map my drives because it has a "Reconnect at sign-in" option that I always use.

Screenshot 2023-03-26 074137.png

Might this be missing when you use Microsoft Credential Manager?

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.