Mapping Drive in Win10

NAS
220+ / 1019+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Happy New Year y'all :)

We have a Syno 1019+ that we mapped in Win 7 (!) and somehow cannot manage mapping a drive in Win 10 for another Synology NAS (220+). I think the problem is domain-related.

We tried repeatedly mapping the drive via Synology Assistant and the system repeatedly times out. We made changes to network/sharing discovery, and we changed our login credentials. No good.

So we manually tried logging in and mapping it through Win 10 itself and it appears the credentials are blocked because of the domain. We have the domain set in both the 1019+ and the 220+ as WORKGROUP but when we log in it shows our local domain. Any recommendation on how to change the workgroup when we map via Win 10?

Any help is absolutely appreciated.

Thank you for the help -- tried to no avail. Mapping should not be this ridiculously difficult.

Wiped the credentials from Win 10 -- still not letting me map the drive.

Maybe a domain/workgroup/network issue. No idea.

Baffled.

Some hints here:

and

Bingo. Solved.

I've literally spent the last week (between deadlines and other work-related aggravation) trying to get through this.

Changed the NTLMv2 to refuse LM & NTLM and solved the problem.

This thread solved it (re-linking it to make sure the next victim who comes along will get there faster than I did: DSM 7.0 - Can not Map Drive under DSM 7 on a specific computer (but can on two others on same Network)...

BTW, Assistant still refuses to play nice. Had to map via Explorer.

I know Win 10 is a pile o' poop but this is not too user-friendly. Having to change the registry is a bit more advanced than most casual users will ever consider.

Either way, many, many, many thanks. Now I can go back to worrying about work-related aggravation full-time ;-)

ThanQ :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.