Router
  1. RT2600ac
  2. MR2200ac
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
SynoMan submitted a new resource:

MariaDB - one of the most popular database servers - Tutorial for MariaDB in Docker, one of the most popular database servers. Made by MySQL.

View attachment 2592

Mariadb is one of the most popular database servers. Made by the original developers of MySQL.

In this tutorial, we are going to use this image: linuxserver/mariadb

In DSM go to Docker -> Registry and search for mariadb:

View attachment 2593

Download the second result, linuxserver/mariadb image. Pick the latest image...

Read more about this resource...

So I believe that I have followed this tutorial and the phpMyAdmin tutorial correctly, but I cannot get php to connect to MariaDB. It says I cannot log in to the MySQL server.
1610638966018.png

1610638977255.png

I'm stumped. I read every thread I could find with phpadmin in the title, but have not found a thread with the same error. Google reveals tons of connection errors, but I can't find any about the connection timed out. I was able to navigate to the /etc/phpadmin folder discussed on page 2 of this thread, but I have all 3 files present that Rusty asked about. I don't know what the files look like because even though I managed to find them I haven't figured out how to open them. PhpmyAdmin+MariaDB+Discourse

I'm starting to think that phpadmin is not seeing mariadb at all. As part of my experimenting, I changed the NAS IP target address in phpadmin to something completely wrong and I got the same exact error as when I had the IP set correctly. Not sure what this means or how to rectify it.

Hmm, sorry, not sure why it won't connect. I have these settings and it works with no problems.

I believe @Rusty will have some idea or anyone else.

Is there command I need to run in MariaDB to get the mysql server up and running, or should it have started once the container started?
No, just start the container anytime.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.