Currently reading
Mayan EDMS installation questions

NAS
DS218+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
I installed docker and the mayanedms/mayanedms package.

Mayan seem to be the only one that started. Paperless stopped after a few Seconds.

First question, will Mayan run by itself do do I also need Redis/PostgreSQL?

2nd: Where is the data container? I like to have the user data in the /docker/ folder in case of any upgrade.

---
My aim: I have lots of catalogs and flyers from exhibitions that I want to scan (to readable PDF, so I don't really need OCR in Mayan) and then find catalogs by keywords, or browse catalogs from a specific exhibition.

I installed docker and the mayanedms/mayanedms package.

Mayan seem to be the only one that started. Paperless stopped after a few Seconds.

First question, will Mayan run by itself do do I also need Redis/PostgreSQL?

2nd: Where is the data container? I like to have the user data in the /docker/ folder in case of any upgrade.

---
My aim: I have lots of catalogs and flyers from exhibitions that I want to scan (to readable PDF, so I don't really need OCR in Mayan) and then find catalogs by keywords, or browse catalogs from a specific exhibition.
I run the official docker image myself. These are the variables that I use in combination with PostgresDB

MAYAN_DATABASE_ENGINEdjango.db.backends.postgresql
MAYAN_DATABASE_HOSTyourNASIP
MAYAN_DATABASE_PORTyour PostgresDB port
MAYAN_DATABASE_NAMEmayan DB name
MAYAN_DATABASE_PASSWORDDB password
MAYAN_DATABASE_USERDB username

Also regarding the volume map. Location that needs to be mapped with this image is: /var/lib/mayan. That folder will have various folders and config files located inside, for example:

Screenshot 2020-05-30 at 07.57.48.png

The documet_storage folder is where the imported files will be. They will be encrypted and renamed like this:

Screenshot 2020-05-30 at 07.58.48.png

If you need a hand, post back.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.