Solved Me again......This time its BitWarden

Currently reading
Solved Me again......This time its BitWarden

Hi,
Just tried your suggestion, unfortunately same outcome. Never mind, I'm more than happy to be able to access it remotely. I'll just have to look in to a suitable replacement router that supports NAT loopback to replace my BT Router.

Thank you both again for all of your help, it is greatly appreciated!
one way you could fake this until then is to make a hosts file that will map your fqdn address to your nas ip address. In that case that machine will be able to access your bw instance using https and fqdn name but will be redirected using that hosts record.

one way you could fake this until then is to make a hosts file that will map your fqdn address to your nas ip address. In that case that machine will be able to access your bw instance using https and fqdn name but will be redirected using that hosts record.

Many thanks, I'll certainly look into this. Your help has been invaluable.

Having read dani-garcia/bitwarden_rs I set about searching for my certificates that Letsencrypt generated (one each for xxxxx.synology.me & bitwarden.xxxxxxx.synology.me) so that I could update the ROCKET_TLS variable with the bitwarden certificate locations.

The environment variable ROCKET_TLS for the bitwarden container is only required, if the container should be responsible to terminate TLS traffic itself.. You would need to find the LE cert on your nas, map the cert and key into the container, and set the ROCKET_TLS variable to use the mapped-in files. Then the question is if the location of the LE cert remains the same when the cert gets renewed ever ~ 90 days.

Compared to this, using the Syno's build in reverse proxy to terminate TLS is way more comfortable.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.