Solved Me again......This time its phpMyAdmin

Currently reading
Solved Me again......This time its phpMyAdmin

It's finally working. I kept trying the new user I set in the environment variables (Admin:rootpassword) and it finally went through.

I feel like I'm on the home stretch now.

Everything is running locally just as it should however attempting to access remotely using the reverse proxy I set, is returning the error; "edit the" trusted_domains" setting in config.php". After a quick Google and search around the Docker folder, I found the config.php file and edited it as attached (added my Synology.me address for NextCloud to the array), however it makes no difference and I still get the same error message and it does not let me access remotely.

I have a Letsencrypt certificate created and assigned to that reverse proxy.

***Edit - Finally all working, I just had to remove the port number from the config file for remote access to work.

As always, thanks for your help........until next time. :ROFLMAO:

Hi,

I have the same environment than yours, and I have the error "Error while trying to create admin user: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occurred in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory".

mariadb:
volume config
-file/folder: /docker/mariadb --> Mount path: /config
port number: 3306

I've created a username, database with the bash in mariadb docker:

show databases;
create database database_name;
CREATE USER ‘myadmin’ INDENTIFIED BY ‘false_password’;
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON database_name.* TO 'myadmin'@’localhost’ IDENTIFIED BY 'false_password’;
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

on /docker/mariadb/databases/database_name folder I only have a file db.opt

NEXTCLOUD:
-in data folder I've wrote "/data" what is "/docker/nextcloud/data" in docker volume config
-in database user I've wrote one that I've created "myadmin"
-in password I've wrote the same than I created the falseadmin user "false_password"
-I've specidifed the database that I've created "database_name"
in localhost I've tried with
-with "localhost or localhost:3306" I got the error "No such file or directory".
-with "mariadb:3306" I got the error "php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name does not resolve" wrote.
-with "127.0.0.1:3306" I got the error "Connection refused"

I'm really lost at this point :cry:. What was the finally correct configuration in your case for the Nextcloud config webpage?
Both dockers are in bridge docker network

Thanks in advance (y).

I had fun getting all this running too. Do you (@mayestic) have phpMyAdmin up and running? I found I had to use phpMyAdmin to create a database and admin user for Nextcloud, then NC could complete its setup. MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD is _the_ most important environment to get right. Then you can access via phpMyAdmin, then you can get Nextcloud going...

I don't have phpMyAdmin, because it needs php 7 installed as a package, and I didn't want to install it. If it's mandatory, I'll install it. It's possible to get it dockerized instead?

I don't have phpMyAdmin, because it needs php 7 installed as a package, and I didn't want to install it. If it's mandatory, I'll install it. It's possible to get it dockerized instead?
ofc it is and I would personally prefer Docker over package center

I don't have phpMyAdmin, because it needs php 7 installed as a package, and I didn't want to install it.
I installed it from the Package Centre. I have Nextclould, MariaDB and phpMyAdmin in Docker. Already I can't remember why but actually I think I'd prefer to install from the Package Centre where possible as it absolves me of having to look after something else. Otherwise I might as well have rolled me own Linux and connected up some drives...

I solved it!

First of all I made a real mistake when I defined MYSQL_ROOT_PASWORD with just one 'S' :cautious:.

I followed the official mariadb instrucctions to create the databse, username and grant permissions ... but something wasn't good.
I created phpMyAdmin in docker with the link to mariadbd (link to mariadb with alias db). I could see the database and username created with bash, but something wasn't good with permissions to the database of nextcloud. I was a "latin1_swedish_ci" instead of "utf8_general_ci" database.

Following your appreciate advice, I created the database and the username manually, from phpMyAdmin dockerized.

In nextcloud config webpage:

username: my_user
pass_my_pass

data folder: "/data" (indicated from linuxserver nextcloud documentation, that goes to "/docker/nextcloud/data")

username: the user I created with phpMyadmin
database_name: "the same"
pass: "the same"

server: db:3306

Now I moved the container Letsencrypt, mariadb and Nextcloud from the default bridge network, to another bridge network I created to let them isolated. Now Nextcloud it's not working. I've fixed it editing the config.php of nextcloud and changing the 'dabhost' => from 'db:3306' to the new network range 'dbhost' => '172.19.0.1:3306', and it's working again.

Thanks a lot! It has taken me a long time to configure it!

:)

First of all I made a real mistake when I defined MYSQL_ROOT_PASWORD with just one 'S' :cautious:.
I typed MY_SQL_ROOT_PASSWORD for a bit.
"latin1_swedish_ci" instead of "utf8_general_ci"
Yea, I had that too. I might have changed it to latin though...
Now I moved the container Letsencrypt, mariadb and Nextcloud from the default bridge network, to another bridge network I created to let them isolated.
I'll not try and pretend to understand that. Obvs, not what I did. Didn't build any bridges.

So now you can have more fun getting Nextcloud to work on a subdomain. You'll find my struggles documented here. But worth it in the end. I've got my calendar, addresses, to-do list running as well as documents I can access from anywhere. Much better apps that the Synology versions.

There are two defaults network in docker, the bridge network and the host. I created another one called proxynet, and I moved the three mentioned dockers to this new network. I wanted to let these three containers isolated from the others dockers.

I'll see your documentation. Thanks!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.