MegaCMD "local path"??

Currently reading
MegaCMD "local path"??

I am using megacmd need to enter "Local Path". IE the path from to my folders.
I am assuming it needs to be the DSM path (path visible in DSM), not the linux file system path.
what is FQDN? the path I see is Volume1/Music/MyMusicFiles
So do I need my servername at the top? MYServerName/Volume1/Music/MyMusicFiles
or maybe MyServerName: Volume1/Music/MyMusicFiles ?
I have tried all sorts of combinations, not getting anywhere, get Path Not Found.
OR do i need to use Linux file path, in that can what is location of my Volume1?

Any help greatly apprecited, or point me to documentation?

I don't know megacmd but when you define the paths to use... are they supposed to be in the format of some file sharing service (SMB, WebDAV, etc) or local OS?

And are they case sensitive or not? When you write 'Volume1' this is usually 'volume1', and 'Music' shared folder is 'music'.

A FQDN means Fully-Qualified Domain Name, such as www.mydomain.com

Last edited:
I don't know megacmd but when you define the paths to use... are they supposed to be in the format of some file sharing service (SMB, WebDAV, etc) or local OS?

And are they case sensitive or not? When you write 'Volume1' this is usually 'volume1', and 'Music' shared folder is 'music'.

A FQDN means Fully-Qualified Domain Name, such as www.mydomain.com
Sorry I use FQDN to mean absolutely every bit of information in the path, no aliases, assumptions.

The Megacmd HELP says ( in the megacmd shell) the syntax is Sync [local path] [remote path]. Nothing about any format, so I am assuming linux. I have also tried the Synology GUI paths (IE Volume1/Music/......
Will try case sensitive etc thx.

What I really want is more documentation -- where is my data (music, etc) in the file system?
How to put servername at head of path ? myserver: ? //myserver ? where are the docs? THX
-- post merged: --

OK, I think I need to mount volumes in DOCKER/MegaCMD container. Still need correct paths. Docker asks for "MOUNT PATH" which I guess is volume1/music/somefolder/someotherfolder.

Reading log in MegaCmd container is helping.
I'm just gonna give a play by play here so it may help someone else.

IDIOT ALERT IDIOT ALERT IDIOT ALERT IDIOT ALERT IDIOT ALERT IDIOT ALERT IDIOT ALERT IDIOT ALERT IDIOT

It was the friggin permissions AGAIN because I was "careful" and disabled all the well known users/groups. for "security"
so the answer is in all cases check permissions first before you lose your damn mind looking at everything else.

end IDIOT ALERT .

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.