Migrate docker (containers, application) to other volume

NAS
DS 920+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Hi,

I've added a M2 SSD to my DS920+ and created a volume. Then I moved the docker folder to this volume which went fine. All the containers are working. However; I want to install the docker application also on this volume. After uninstalling and installing it while choosing this volume, the containers are all gone. Probably because all the docker info is on the first volume in the @docker folder.
is there a way to install docker on this volume (volume4) and keeping all the settings and containers?

Export and import should do that.
Still you won't see huge performance improvement since DSM is mirrored across all storage, and the slowest one rules!
But, an export of a container gives me a .txz file which is about 8MB in size. I want to have the image of the container also on volume 4. Exporting to import the container doesn't seem to do the trick.

So what exactly did you do with this step then?
I've moved the Docker folder with all the folders for the containers, the /config and /data folders. So that's the docker folder that you can see on the DSM gui. (well, I've called it docker). But not the docker folder at /volume1/@docker.

I've moved the Docker folder with all the folders for the containers, the /config and /data folders. So that's the docker folder that you can see on the DSM gui. (well, I've called it docker). But not the docker folder at /volume1/@docker.
Well, that's the reason as you already noticed. So you haven't migrated the @docker content? Do you have any "old" content in it atm on the previous partition?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.