Migrate from a DS1512+ with 5 drives in Raid6 to a DS720+ & DX517?

Currently reading
Migrate from a DS1512+ with 5 drives in Raid6 to a DS720+ & DX517?

NAS
DS1512+
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I have a weird situation and am hoping to streamline things. I currently have a DS1512+ with 5 drives in Raid6. Sometime ago I realized that the continuous writing to the raid for my SS recording was killing the drives. After a few died and I replaced the drives, I moved the SS recordings to another networked drive.
I am now looking to consolidate this network drive and my i7-3740MQ Plex server into a DS720+, which makes me wonder if could also purchase a DX517 and migrate my DS1512+ to it.
Does anyone know if it's possible to get a DS720+ & DX517 then migrate the disks from my DS512+ to the DX517. I would then add two more drives to the DS720+ for my Plex and SS recordings. I have search everywhere I can think of and can't find any info.

Thanks for the response. I was planning on moving all the drive to the DX517 and keeping them in the same device.
I just wasn't sure if it would migrate like that. Basically nothing in the DS720+ to start and all the drives in the DX517. Then after migration add the drives to the DS720+ and make the other volumes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.