Migrate only one share w/snapshots?

Currently reading
Migrate only one share w/snapshots?

NAS
10 Synology NASs
Is it possible to migrate just one share that has snapshots? I meet all the rules for a full NAS to NAS migration with the assistant but I'd rather move shares as I need to.

Rusty

NAS Support
www.blackvoid.club
NAS
DS718+, DS918+, 2x RS3614RPxs+
Router
  1. RT1900ac
  2. RT2600ac
  3. MR2200ac
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Haven’t had a chance to work with migration assistant yet (will soon) so not sure if single shared folder is an option. Have you tried it?

NAS
10 Synology NASs
Looks like all it will do is a full migration of all data. It requires the target to be as large as or larger than the source. The migration is done by volume/block. I have only 1 volume on the source and one on the target (though the target could be changed). I suspect what they're using is dd to pull the data.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.