NAS
Synoloy DS1618+
Operating system
  1. other
Hello everyone,

I have a problem with the ABB backup system on the following operation:
  • 3 ESX 6.7 U3
  • A Synology 1618+

Let me explain I save 30 VMs with the NAS on my three esx but in the case where I migrate for example for maintenance a VM say from my ESX1 to ESX3 in this case the backup of the VM is kept but I am not there VM which passes on the esx3 rather logical because connected during the creation to the ESX1.

Afterwards, if I migrate the VM again from ESX3 to ESX1, the VM is duplicated with one VM not found and one VM without a backup plan.

I suppose that the migration of a VM between two ESX modifies the ID and therefore breaks the link with the synology backup but how to indicate on the Syno side the new ID and thus keep the backups and the history?

Thanks for your help,

Philip

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Yes, a typical MoRef ID problem. This is very common even with other backup systems so it is nothing odd that happens with ABB.

If your ESXi hosts are part of a single cluster and handled by the same VMware Center this will not be a problem. However, if those hosts are separated then the unique MoRef ID will change and you have an issue.

With Veeam there is an identical case and they have released an unofficial/unsupported script that modifies the IDs directly inside their database. So unless something similar can be done with ABB, I don't see any way around it tbh.

THANKS !

Aie indeed however I manage a cluster with a Vcenter but in the configuration of the ABB I logically declared the IP of the ESX... I will continue my research,

Thanks again,

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Trending threads

Back