Migrating drives to a new NAS - how to handle migrating dockerized Unifi controller?

Currently reading
Migrating drives to a new NAS - how to handle migrating dockerized Unifi controller?

NAS
DS220+, DS918+, RS1219+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
I currently have the controller for my unifi gear running in a docker controller. However, I'm going to be doing a physical hard drive migration from an old NAS to a new one. How do I handle migrating the controller? Are there any settings within the controller that will need to be changed to point it to the address of the new NAS?

I'm considering temporarilly transfering the controller off of docker and to my PC. I'd then migrate the drives to the new NAS, and migrate the controller back to the new NAS just like I did for the initial controller setup. Does this make sense, or am I over thinking things?

I currently have the controller for my unifi gear running in a docker controller. However, I'm going to be doing a physical hard drive migration from an old NAS to a new one. How do I handle migrating the controller? Are there any settings within the controller that will need to be changed to point it to the address of the new NAS?

I'm considering temporarilly transfering the controller off of docker and to my PC. I'd then migrate the drives to the new NAS, and migrate the controller back to the new NAS just like I did for the initial controller setup. Does this make sense, or am I over thinking things?
Generally, once in-place migration is done your docker should be up and running just fine. Still with some more info on how you have configured this particular container would help.

Still, after the migration, your controller will be accessible on your new NAS IP address and its configured port as before. But, as I said, share how this controller is configured from the docker side of things just so we are all on the same page.

Be sure to do a backup of the controller config using the unify UI, just to have it as a separate backup file.

Upvote 0
I'm running the jacobalberty container. I temporarily had it set up for remote access via RP, but disabled it. Currently access directly via ip address in web browser. It does not currently have any LE certs associated with it. I have a port fowarding rule setup for remote access to my current NAS; I assume that address will need to be updated to the new one. What else are you looking for?

Upvote 0
I'm running the jacobalberty container. I temporarily had it set up for remote access via RP, but disabled it. Currently access directly via ip address in web browser. It does not currently have any LE certs associated with it. I have a port fowarding rule setup for remote access to my current NAS; I assume that address will need to be updated to the new one. What else are you looking for?
how’s the network element of that container? macvlan, bridged, host?

Upvote 0
I followed @jeyare's resource to get setup. I believe this is the setting you are asking about?

1607451439820.png

Upvote 0
Upvote 1
Solution

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.