Currently reading
Migrating DS923+ to DS923+

NAS
DS923+ (16GB)
Router
  1. RT6600ax
Operating system
  1. Windows
I'm waiting for a new DS923+ since the first one broke down (sort of). I've got the disks from the first one. Would it be simple enough to just insert the discs in the right order in the new one? Guides on Synology suggest installing latest DSM first from a temporary drive, is this necessary and what happens if I do not?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Similar threads

It sounds like you have already set up the DS1821+ with the new drives... (and likely thinking you could...
Replies
Views
Won't help you short term...but why not go with the DS1522+ ? It has an expansion port for adding a 10 GBE...
Replies
Views
Thanks for this. I'm not overly bothered about staying on ext4 - I only use the NAS for a few things -...
Replies
Views
Thanks Telos! That makes sense. And I can somewhat see Synology’s stand on this as I’m sure they field a...
Replies
Views
Well for example Snapshot replication can be configured to target specific interface/IP. I have it...
Replies
Views
Anytime i see weird things going on, my first go to is a reboot. You'd be surprise how often that fixes...
Replies
Views
it was the port forwarding in my router. I had double & triple checked the RP, but forgot about the...
Replies
Views

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Back