Migration DS418 to DS920+

NAS
DS418,DA920+
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
I have migrated my NAS contents from DS418 (DSM 6) to a DS920+ (DSM 7), using HyperBackup as recommended by Synology. All the data/users/system config has successfully been transferred. PHP, Apache and PHPMyAdmin were not migrated,so I installed them on the 920+. The WebStation settings did not transfer, so I did those manually on the DS920+. All the virtual port and php settings now seem identical between the two NAS boxes. html-only websites stored in subdirectories of Volume 1/web now work as expected.

However, there are a number of Nextcloud instances in Volume 1/web/subdirectory/nextcloud, and none of them work.

The Nextcloud data is unchanged, according to phpMyAdmin the databases are all in place, I can see absolutely nothing different. If I browse to IP/subdirectory/nextcloud I get an empty white screen on the browser; browsing to IP/subdirectory/nextcloud/index.html ends up at .../index.php but still an empty white screen. Doing this on the DS418 launches the Nextcloud instance.

I have inserted a phpinfo(); test file into the nextcloud DS920+ instance, and that runs as expected, so php is running.

It feels as if there's something really basic I need to do, but I can't see anything to change - both instances of php and webstation appear identical (I have had access to a borrowed clean DS718+ with DSM 6, the result was the same as with my DS920+ with DSM 7).

Any suggestions most welcome.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.